My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

15 Week appointment


This morning, Mike and I went for another prenatal appointment with the midwife. It's hard to believe we are already at 15 weeks and getting close to the half-way point of this adventure. The morning sickness is better now and my energy is getting back up there, but somewhere along the way I seem to have lost my brain and have been possessed by hormones. Any of you ladies that have been through this probably can relate (or you have repressed it) and all the men who have been subjected to it will probably have lifelong mental scarring from it.

Anyway, in case you have wondered how Mike is doing with all of this, I'd have to say he has been awesome. He has been grounded while I seemed to have turned into a full fledge pregnant psychopath (I don't really think I'm that bad, but hey, I got to keep a sense of humor about all this).

So back to the subject of our visit today. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat and it was around 150 bpm. The baby is about 4 inches long now (head to rump) or equivelant to the length of a grapefruit. According to my pregnancy book, its ears and eyes are now where they will be at birth and is now starting to grow eyebrows. They say the baby can now suck its thumb, which I hope doesn't develop into a permanent habit. My uterus is now just below my belly button and I have a visible pouch. On a website message board I participate in, someone started a "Toilet paper Tuesday" where you measure the widest part of the abdomen. Yesterday I measured 11 squares so you get a little perspective. I'll try to update every Tuesday....

Here is an ultrasound photo in 3D from a couple of weeks ago. It's kind of fuzzy, but as the technician put it, it looks like a gummy bear. We'll have another ultrasound in September at 20 weeks which I hope will have better definition.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really neat! Really good idea to staying intouch with all friends and family!! :) Keep me posted!

7:49 PM  
Blogger gomattolson said...

Maybe I'll start telling little kids that babies come from gummy bears that get stuck in a mommie's stomach.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does look like a gummy bear. I will never eat them again, lol.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Kameeka--if Matt's theory is correct, that's how you'd end up with another baby. Didn't you already stop drinking water to avoid the epidemic?;)

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home