My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A stick of Butter......


That's what my book correlates the baby's head to rump length to this week. Its tiny little heart supposedly pumps as much as 25 quarts of blood a day, and its taste buds are as developed as an adult's. It's hard to imagine that this baby inside my body is already that big--and is going to get a whole lot bigger. I'm still measuring 11.25 toilet paper squares from last week though. My wardrobe has drastically shrunk and shopping for maternity clothes has been a chore--not much selection and costly for the duration of wear. Too bad I can't wear Mike's sweatpants and t-shirts to work....

We spent this past weekend up in Minneapolis and spent some time with Matt at his new bachelor pad he shares with two friends. The new house is pretty nice and we had a good time at a St. Paul's Saints game on Friday and a leisurely 2.75 mile walk around Lake Harriet on Saturday. In the afternoon, we headed to visit Scott and Linda Jacobson at their new house for Tate's third birthday party. There were quite a few people there and lots of activity with all the little kids and dogs running around and having the time of their lives. We had a great time, which was spent visiting with people we haven't seen in a long time, yet feeling like no time had past since we last saw them. I have to mention that Scott & Linda and Todd & Kari Peter are expecting as well--we are all due within a week of each other. I wonder how many other FarmHousers got bored that week that we haven't heard about..... I'm sure Mike will post a lengthy detailed blog about our trip, so I won't steal his thunder on that one. You'll just have to check back later for him to post the details......no pressure Mike.

The week ahead will be a busy one as Mike has a work deliverable and I have to travel to Boston for two days. I don't look forward to the travel with all the new security requirements, but I can look forward to a good cup of New England clam chowder and some fresh seafood while I'm there--that alone is worth the trip for me. The kids return home on Saturday morning and I am excited for them to be home. Ashlynn will get her spacers put on next Tuesday and the remaining sections of her braces on the following week. We'll be sure to post a picture of that and I'm sure she'll be smiling as she has been pestering me for a while to get them. Some of her friends already have them, so for her it is cool to be getting them ahead of the other friends who will also be getting them over the next year or so.

Until next time......

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look great. Yeah sweat pants are always the way to go, lol.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mike and Jenny,
Good to hear and to see that everything is going ok. I am really happy for you. The anouncement makes it even more special: being with my brother Joost in South Afrika when Mike told it my brother. I hope everything will go alright and that you can keep enyoing htis period!
Greetings from wooden shoes land (next to sauerkraut and bratwurst land!)
Thijs

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home