My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Well, it's still Tuesday and time for another update. I am sitting here at work trying to finish up a lighting calculation that needs to be submitted to the plan commission tomorrow--and I have to be on the road to Peoria, Illinois by 5am. I am sure I will be pretty beat by the time I get home tomorrow night and that I might just go to bed as soon as I walk in the door. Sometimes I wonder why I should be so dedicated to my job since it really isn't dedicated to me. Mike's salary provides the bagels and I add the cream cheese (not sure if it's Philly yet or the store brand).

An update on the waist line--up to nearly 12 toilet paper squares now. I feel like I look like a lopsided pear with drumstick legs, but some people say I look cute--I think people just say that to make the expectant mother feel a little less hideous. I guess I should take what I can now, as I am sure the comments such as "you look like a tank" or "you look like you're about to explode" start sliping out of people's mouths. Some little baby facts include being nearly 5-1/2" long, 7 ounces and full of facial expressions.

The kids got home on Saturday and things have been manageable. Ashlynn has designated herself my personal nurse, and initially insisted on opening all doors for me and ordering my meal at McDonald's. She even asked me if I needed a wheelchair. In any case, she has been walking around with a doll practicing to be a big sister of a new baby and she is taking it very seriously too. Both kids are excited so far--we'll see what happens once the baby gets here.

Maybe Mike will blog the Culver's Situation later......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home