My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A BIG Stick of Butter - that moves!

Jenny decided that it was my turn to write the weekly "Toilet Paper Tuesday" segment. Since I avoid any and all confrontation with her, I agreed. She is 13 squares around (I don't watch her do the test, so I just take her word for it), and has gained approximately 8 pounds (3.6 kilos) over the last three weeks. We went in for the monthly check-up yesterday, so that is how I know about the weight. Obviously bound to happen, so no big deal. Overall, things are going great and I can just about start to feel a little bit of movement. A few nights ago Jenny was feeling a lot of activity in her belly, so she grabbed my hand and I could feel a tiny bit of movement myself, which I thought was pretty neat. I am looking forward to see how it reacts to a lot of noise during a Packer game when the season starts!

Regarding the Culver's Situation: Jenny had her heart set on mashed potatos from Culver's restaurant, and instead was given fries in the drive-thru.....Warning: Don't EVER mess up a pregnant woman's food order, as everyone else has to suffer. She didn't go back to Culver's to fix the order, and I'm glad she didn't. I think the police may have been called if she had.

A few other thoughts I have and would like to share:
1. Thanks to everyone who has visited our website and I apologize for not responding or commenting back very much. So even if you don't want to leave a comment, keep coming back and seeing what is going on with us!

2. Recently there have been a few people close to us that are going through some hardships with illness and loss of loved ones, so Jenny made a comment I would like to share.

She said, "Things happen to good people so that the rest of us will pay attention to the gifts we get every day in life but are too busy to recognize or appreciate."

I find myself thinking often about our friends and their hardhips and what Jenny said, and I try and slow down and think about what we have and the people that we love. It is hard to express what our friends and family mean to us, so about all I can say is that we love you and are looking forward to the next time our paths cross.

Peace out!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a great message and yes we ALL should be mindful and thankful of all the good things we have and above all help and be pray for the people who are suffering.
DAD

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the message. It was a very moving message. People should always take the time to stop and talk to each other.

And no you should never ever mess with the food of a preg. woman. That is a death sentence, lol.

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the great message. Jenny is probably right, but for me, that's a pretty hard way.

Enjoy all the good things you have and we're really happy everyday, knowing what great things are going to happen with you!

Joost

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home