My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Friday, September 08, 2006

No longer a Gummy Bear.....


...but rather s/he looks like an actual baby. I have to say that the 3D ultrasounds are pretty amazing. Yesterday, Mike and I went in for our 20 week ultrasound, which I think should be the last one. It's hard to believe that we have hit the half way point of this pregnancy and before we know it, he or she will be here. We decided not to find out the sex of the baby until it is born as we thought that there are just too few happy surprises in life so why spoil this one?

So far the baby's growth is right on track and anatomically speaking, everything is developing perfectly. You can't really ask for anything more than that. My "morning sickness" still lingers, but is not so much of a problem. If only I could control my emotions.......it's getting to be out of control. Sometimes I cannot even sing along with the radio without crying--what's up with that?

Last weekend, Mike and I did some major reorganization around the house. We got the family room cleaned out and he cleaned up the laundry/storage room while I took down the wallpaper in Alec's room. I plan to get his room painted on Sunday, so that should hopefully be the last of the big projects for a while. I realized last weekend that I was indeed pregnant and I am not able to run around and do things the way I used to.

The kids started school this week and so far they have been enjoying it. Ashlynn has had her braces on for a week and she is quite proud of them. She likes to be able to go to the bathroom after lunch with her friend, Heidi, to brush their teeth. I think she feels like a goddess or something. Alec is making new friends in his class and seems to be happy to be home and back in his own school again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home