My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Thursday, October 19, 2006

97 Bottles of beer on the wall......

Actually, it's 97 more days until I can have a bottle of beer again. It's hard to believe how fast this is all going and after next week, I will officially reach the third trimester. Ready or not, this baby will be here before we know it. It's surreal sometimes, but once the baby gets here it will grow up fast. Right now, the baby is nearly two pounds in weight and 9" from head to rump. I'm happy to report that the baby has realized that there is still plenty of room in there that it can get off my hips and thus give my bladder some much needed relief. However, my lungs are starting to feel the difference. Overall, I am feeling good, but get tired easily and have only gained about 18 lbs so far.

Today my baby girl, Ashlynn, is turning 10. I can't believe it. She lost another tooth two days ago and just told me last night. Some kids in her class told her that the tooth fairy doesn't really exist and she purposely didn't tell me to see if it was true or not. So, I admitted the truth to her and she was a little disappointed that she had been "lied" to all her life. I told her that we could still pretend and she was a good sport about it as she really wanted the dollar for the tooth anyway. I guess it's one of those milestones that help her evolve from a child to an adult. She walked away feeling proud that she knew something that her brother didn't. Hopefully she is not left with emotional scars from the realization.

I should mention my sister, Jill, as she had a birthday on Monday. She claims that she isn't having anymore, but I want to wish her happy birthday anyway. She's only 31 and I'm sure there are many people out there that wish they were 31. It's all about perspective, I suppose. My nephew, Jack, also had his second birthday on the 14th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home