My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Back by popular demand.....

...it's Tuesday and I have been negligent in posting the Toilet Paper Tuesday results. My friend, Jane, got on to me last week about not publishing the last few weeks so since I am declaring her popular and by her demand, here it is. You'd think that at 23 weeks and 6 days along I'd be up to atleast half a roll by now, but I am still hovering at around 13 squares. I guess I should be grateful that I am tall with a long torso which means I am going to go up before I completely expand outward. The baby is active and moves from high up to down really low. It now weighs just over a pound and when it burrows down into my hips, it really puts the squeeze on the bladder. Some days I threaten to stand on my head to make it move up for some much needed relief. In two days, we'll reach the 24 week mark which means the baby will be considered viable if it is born now and has a chance to survive with intensive care. I pray that it stays put until its fully baked.

While the baby has nearly reached viability, the dog was almost declared at the end of his viability yesterday afternoon. Alec called me at work just after he returned from school to report that Mason had managed to tear apart a brand new box of Tropical punch flavored Capri Sun all over our off-white living room carpet. I can tell you that I had visions of punch from one end of the living room to the other, something befitting a bloody murder scene in a bad horror movie. Luckily for the dog's sake, Alec had picked up most of the ruptured bags and got them cleaned up without more added mess which not only spared the damage to the carpet but the dog's life. We now have a very noticable pink spot in the carpet, but is fairly small. Our dog is still living and a member of the family, but the next incident will likely banish him back to the crate for the 7 hours he is home alone. We love him despite his misbehaviors and luckily his little incidents are rare and usually confined to boxes of Kleenex or the occassional forgotten loaf of bread.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home