My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Fight, Fight, Fight for Iowa State!

Well it's Wednesday and I didn't post the results from the last two Toilet Paper Tuesdays. It's kind of a lame idea, but where this pregnancy is concerned it continues to be a whole lot of hurry up and wait. To answer the question, my midsection width hasn't gotten any wider, but rather is moving up my torso like a mutated elevator of sorts. My "bump" peak is just above my belly button now and the baby seems to be breech and enjoying the trampoline I call a bladder. Undoubtedly, this kid has Mike's athleticism (combine with the recessive athleticism gene that my father, brothers and son have) and the long legs and arms consistent within the Olson clan to wreck havoc on my insides over the next few months. I will expect a nice, expensive Mother's day gift for the daily beatings I get--at least a nice dinner and a six pack of Spaten.

Things are settling into a routine at home with the kids back in school and the re-organization projects coming to an end. Mike is coordinating the local ISU club game watch this Saturday against the dreaded montrosity of a team some refer to as the Iowa Hawkeyes. We've got our "Beat Iowa" t-shirts washed and ready for wear on Saturday. I'm not sure what else Mike has up his sleeves to bring good karma to Iowa State, but undoubtedly he's got it all figured out. He's his father's son, and when it comes to sports and tailgates of any kind, you better get out of the way because they've got the situation under control--some serious tailgating masters. Go Cyclones!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO CYCLONES!!! Beat Iowa!!!
I know you guys will have fun at your ISU Alumni function.
I still haven't figured out why the Iowa football helmets have the insignia of the skeleton head of a TURKEY!!!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home