My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Norway, My Way

It has been a while since I have posted anything new, but I do have one neat thing to share. Back in May or June, my mom learned of an essay contest coordinated by the ISU Study Abroad Center, and I decided to submit an essay about my trip to Norway in 1996. I didn't win (how many engi-nerds win essay contests anyway?), but I had fun writing about my experiences. They posted the two winning essays, and after reading the first one, mine easily would have been put to shame, so I can see why I didn't get picked. They also told me that I was a finalist, so I was one of 10 essays to get mentioned. But I wonder if there were only 10 essays submitted...

So to all of you ISU grads out there who did a study abroad semester (that includes you Mom!), there is another essay contest with a due date of March 1st, 2007. I suggest you put forth your best effort and write a winning essay!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I'll actually get around to it this time.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home