My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Friday, October 27, 2006

Still 13 TP squares....

I should start measuring my belly lengthwise rather than through the thickest part of my belly. I can tell you, and Mike can verify that I am getting bigger, I'm just not getting wider--yet. I should be thankful for that. Depending on what book I am reading, I have officially hit the third trimester of my pregnancy and the seventh month. The books stop measuring the baby's length from crown to rump and start measuring from head to toe. So for this week, they say the average length is about 15" (38cm) and around 2 pounds. It is also suggested that around this time the baby will begin to experience REM sleep. What does an unborn person dream about?

As of today, we have about 89 days until the due date. We have some of the baby's furniture in the nursery and a few items of clothing that I either still had from the kids, picked up on sale or acquired from a resale shop. Nine years ago I had no problem finding gender neutral clothing, but is pretty much impossible these days with everyone finding out what they are having before the baby is born. Everything neutral these days is either yellow or green with zoo animals and stripes. For the first few weeks, the baby will be dressed like a duck. I have to say I am amazed at the amount of junk you can buy for a baby nowadays.

I wonder how much of this stuff people actually use and how much money is wasted on stuff they never do? Resale shops are full of stuff that look like it has never been used and I have found that it's nearly impossible to get rid of stuff that you no longer need. I think it is another display of how wasteful our society is. As a kid, most of my clothes were hand-me downs from my cousin or came from thrift shops and garage sales. Today, kids are wearing nicer clothes than their parents and probably a majority never have worn hand-me-downs in their lives. I know my kids dress better than me, but with my daughter's clothes, once she outgrows her clothes I give them to my niece, Lauren. My sister tells me that Lauren loves it and I feel that I am not wasting money since it is used by at least two girls. Alec's clothes on the other hand are a different story--I've got multiple storage totes to prove it. They may actually have a home with a family that really needs it--we'll see this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home