My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Working on a Saturday


At least it is rainy and crappy outside so I don't feel so bad about spending part of my day inside working on some lighting studies for a project I am trying to complete. There is hardly anyone in the office so you actually feel like you can get something done without the phones ringing, people chatting and constant burrage of email that you are subjected to five days a week. I can take my time and not feel like anyone is looking on my shoulder or about to disturb my concentration. It's therapeutic--I'm in control of my little world for a couple of hours as long as the network doesn't blow my rendering model forcing me to start it all over again.

I'm also glad to be out of the house for a couple of hours as I have had a rough few weeks. Alec has ADHD and is having some behavioral problems. He's been in some trouble at school lately and it seems Mike and I have been talking to too many people trying to get things going to help him adjust and cope with his burden. I think it is calming down a little with him as there is a plan in place and things lined up to get things straight, but I don't think I've caught up with it all emotionally. I'm exhausted and behind at work from trying to get things figured out at home. Yesterday, I felt like checking myself into the Dane County Mental Health Institute for a little R&R as I found myself crying over buying the wrong toilet seat among other things on my mind. Today I am more optimistic.

Ashlynn went home sick on Tuesday and seems to be a little under the weather and Mike had to travel a couple days this week and will be gone a good chunk of next week. So this is my little break before I am back to holding down the fort again next week at home and trying to keep up with the pace of things at the office. I think I'm starting to look forward to taking off time for maternity leave. I just hope things are calmer and more manageable so it doesn't turn into a total living hell with two fighting kids and a screaming newborn. Ahhhh, the joys of parenthood. I must be crazy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're really selling the whole parenting world as pure paradise. I don't know what I've been waiting for all this time!

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home